Requirement For Meter Installation
- Septic System Permit from your County Sanitarian is required before a water meter can be installed.
- Service line should be at least 1″ PVC pipe. Lines should be run at least 8 to 10 inches deep. PVC pipe should be run up to 3 feet of the building, copper or galvanize must be used.
- Lines must be left uncovered for inspection.
- Water line must be at least 10 feet from sewer lines.
- Water line cannot be under sewer lines.
- Water line cannot be in the same ditch as electric, sewer or gas.
- A customer must call the office when their line is ready for inspection. Upon passing inspection a water meter will be placed in the meter box.
- The customer must put up a stake where the meter box is to be set. The stake is to be on the customer’s property at least five (5) feet from the road right-of-way.
- The service line must be copper if it is going to be run under a mobile home.
|Jefferson County Sanitarian||Cleveland County Sanitarian|
|(870) 535-2142||(870) 325-6301|
Inspection on New Houses
1. Before the slab is poured.
2. Before the dry wall is put up.
Two (2) inspections are required on new houses.